The global changes operation allows to simultaneously modify limits and miscellaneous settings for multiple domains. For example, you can select a number of domains, enable all of them to support SSL and limit the total traffic to a specific figure - all that within a single operation, without having to select each domain independently and edit its settings.
To execute a global changes operation on domains:
Select the domains subject to the global changes operation by checking the corresponding checkboxes in the Sel column and click Global Changes. The Global changes page will appear, divided into five sections:
- Limits - this section allows to modify the desired limits for various resources
- Hosting - this section allows editing various hosting-related settings
- Preferences - this section contains miscellaneous editable options for domains
- Services - this section allows to enable/disable the use of the listed services at the domain
- Affected domains - this section displays the list of domains whose settings these global changes will be applied to
To edit limit settings for a particular resource type:
First, select the appropriate action from the drop-down box:
- Do not change, if you do not wish to make any changes
- Unlimited, to set the resource usage limit to Unlimited
- Value, to specify a new value for the resource limit
- Increase (+), to specify the value by which to increment the presently set resource limit value
- Decrease (-), to specify the value by which to decrement the presently set resource limit value
Then, specify the value of the new resource limit, increment or decrement in the corresponding input box.
If you chose to increase/decrease the presently set limit value, use the drop-down box to select units if you wish to modify the limit value by a quantity of commonly used units or % if you wish to modify the limit value by a particular percentage.
To change the hosting-related settings, select Do not change, Enable or Disable radio button for the corresponding type of setting. You can edit the following:
- Microsoft ASP support
- Microsoft ASP.NET support
- SSL support
- SSI support
- PHP support
- CGI support
- Perl support
- Python support
- Web statistics
- Custom Error Documents
You can also choose to manage (or not) log rotation. Here you can:
- Activate/deactivate log rotation
- Choose the period of rotating the log files: by size - specify the maximum size of the log files, or by time - select Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- Choose the maximum number of log files allowed
- Choose whether to use the log files compression or not
- Choose whether to send the log files to a specific e-mail
It is advisable to set the log rotation options for all domains appropriately in order to prevent the log files from growing too large to be handled by the statistics utility.
To change preferences, select Do not change, Enable or Disable radio button for the corresponding item. You can edit the following:
- WWW prefix requirement
- Web Mail
- Allow the web users scripting
- Retain traffic statistics for ... Months setting
- Mail to nonexistent user; if enabled, you can choose to either Bounce with phrase or Catch to address.
To enable/disable services, select Do not change, Enable or Disable radio button for the corresponding service. You can edit the following:
- DNS Zone
- Mailing lists
- Anonymous FTP
Click Update to apply the new settings to the selected domains. Clicking Up will discard all changes.